Energy Efficiency: Part 3 Buildings
The following resources are designed to help BC Building Code users understand energy efficiency requirements for Part 3 buildings.
- B13-05: New Energy Requirements (PDF) - provides a summary of the requirements for energy efficiency
- B14-01: Determining ASHRAE 90.1-2010 Climate Zones (PDF) - explains how to determine your climate zone if you're using ASHRAE 90.1
- Building Envelope Thermal Bridging Guide (external link): Explains thermal bridging to help realize more energy-efficient multi-unit residential, commercial and institutional buildings
- view a recorded webinar (external link) about the guide to get started
- National Research Council Guides and Information: Available from the Canadian Codes Centre (external link)
- Webinars: Learn about energy efficiency in large residential buildings and how to apply the 2011 National Energy Code for Buildings (NECB) and ASHRAE 90.1 2010 standard in this series of recorded webinars (external link) sponsored by the Homeowner Protection Office and BC Hydro Power Smart - topics include (all external links)
The content on this page is periodically updated by the Province of British Columbia per the date noted on the page: December 15, 2016.