BC Energy Step Code Resources
More items will be added as they become available.
- Amended Building Act General Regulation - identifies two unrestricted matters enacted to support local government use of the BC Energy Step Code
- Amended British Columbia Building Code Regulation - provides the technical requirements of the BC Energy Step Code
- BC Energy Step Code convenience copy (PDF, 895KB) for code users
- City of Vancouver's Energy Modelling Guidelines (PDF, 513KB) – March 2017
- BC Energy Step Code: A Best Practices Guide for Local Governments (PDF, 5MB) - August 2017
- Provincial Policy Guide (PDF, 903KB) - Local Government Implementation of the BC Energy Step Code - April 2017
- Consumer Guide to High Performance Homes - a BC Housing publication
- Design Guidelines and Construction Standards - a BC Housing publication - now updated to reference the BC Energy Step Code
Reports and Other Materials
- Local Government Survey (PDF, 424KB) - a BC Housing survey of local governments' knowledge of, and interest in, the Energy Step Code
- The Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change (external link)
- Stretch Code Implementation Working Group - Energy Step Code Implementation Recommendations (PDF, 1.6MB) - August 2016
- Energy Step Code Video Training Series - each session is about 1 hour long
The content on this page is periodically updated by the Province of British Columbia per the date noted on the page: September 20, 2017.