B.C.’s agriculture, food and seafood industry is the most diverse in Canada and it is growing. Our agrifoods businesses produce more than 200 agriculture commodities, 100 seafood species and over 1500 companies produce processed food products. There are many options for selling and marketing these products within British Columbia.
Building connections with other agrifoods businesses and organizations can open up new marketing opportunities. Check out the resources to the right, to start building connections.
Market Intelligence & Advisory Services
Market intelligence provides B.C. based agrifoods businesses with current and timely information about the domestic market. The B.C. government provides analysis and reports on B.C. agrifoods markets.
Access information and business tools to improve marketing efforts.
Buy Local Program
The B.C. government is expanding the Buy Local program with an additional $2 million to help B.C. farmers and food processors promote their products, and support food security in B.C.
Planning Your Marketing
Marketing is vital to the overall success of a business. Having a plan to sell agrifoods or seafood products is important.
- Learn how to write a marketing plan
- Find out about marketing for new farmers
- Learn about marketing and find marketing organizations
Farm Business Advisory Services and funding are available to help with writing a business and marketing plan.
There are several programs that may help B.C. agrifoods producers and processors identify opportunities:
- Healthy Families BC educating consumers on healthy eating habits
- Growing Farm to School supplying participating B.C. schools with local agrifood products
- Farmers Market Nutrition & Coupon Program at select B.C. farmers markets
- Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation is working with educators to bring B.C.'s agriculture to our students