Environmental Health & Programs
Environmental Health & Programs (EHAP) is a technical information program which aims to collect, develop and transfer information to support sustainable agriculture practices through evaluation, monitoring and beneficial management practice development.
EHAP projects may include:
- Technical support for regulatory and external agency reviews
- Development of recommendations for environmentally sensitive areas
- Development and monitoring of water quality and air quality agri-environmental health indicators for B.C. that consider B.C.’s geographic diversity and sensitive areas
- Technical tools and training to support the Environmental Farm Plan Program
- Development, promotion and evaluation of Beneficial Management Practices
- Support for the development of sustainable waste and nutrient management projects in B.C. that are linked to agriculture.
This program is not open to applications. Funding is allocated to projects identified by Ministry of Agriculture staff working in conjunction with other government agencies and industry partners.