Transitioning to Organic Farming
Whether you are starting a new organic farm or processing business or simply want to update your existing business skills, there are several places you can go to get more information.
- Canadian Organic Growers Read more on how to get started with organic farming methods
- Smart Farm B.C. Learn about farm business management
- New Farm Start-Up Guide (PDF, 3.5MB) Information on starting a small or medium-sized farm business in B.C.
- Small Business B.C. Read more on general small business information
Certified Organic Associations of B.C. (COABC)
COABC is a great resource to learn about organic production, processing and certification. It often provides regional information sessions to help those who are interested in transitioning.
- Learn more about the COABC
The Government of B.C. offers many programs to help producers and processors improve business management, foster innovation and aid in market development. Generally, they are application-driven, cost-share programs.
Learn more about: