Explore local government guides, standards of maintenance, programs and tools, as well as links to housing organizations in B.C.
Local Government Guides
- Planning for Housing (PDF): Provides an overview of initiatives that encourage more diversity in housing options in communities.
- Rental Housing Planning Guide (PDF): Identifies tools to support existing rental and encourage new rental housing.
- Improving Market Housing Affordability (PDF): Highlights practices and provides practical information to consider in market housing initiatives.
- Secondary Suites Guide (PDF): Reviews elements of secondary suites programs and provides examples.
See the Local Government Division of the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development for related publications and resources.
Standards of Maintenance
Programs and Tools
Programs and Tools includes resources on inclusive neighbourhoods, home ownership, bylaw development and affordable housing.
Housing Organizations in B.C.
These organizations are also important resources for local governments:
- Aboriginal Housing Management Association (AHMA)
- Active Manufactured Home Owners Association (AMHOA)
- Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC)
- British Columbia Construction Association (BCCA)
- BC Non-profit Housing Association (BCNPHA)
- British Columbia Real Estate Association (BCREA)
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- Canadian Home Builders' Association of British Columbia (CHBABC)
- Condominium Home Owners Association (CHOA)
- Cooperative Housing Federation of BC (CHF BC)
- The Manufactured Home Park Owners Alliance of British Columbia (MHPOABC)
- Pacific Housing Research Network (PHRN)
- Planning Institute of British Columbia (PIBC)
- Tenant Resource and Advisory Centre (TRAC)
- Union of British Columbia Municipalities (UBCM)
- Urban Development Institute (UDI)
- Vancouver Island Strata Owners Association (VISOA)