Access to healthNetBC Web Services
Overview of Service
Health Authorities and health care providers or organizations who deliver health services are able to search for clients' Personal Health Numbers (PHNs), confirm client eligibility for publicly funded health care, update person demographics, and assign PHNs, where required.
A description of each business services can be found here:
Search for a Personal Health Number (PHN)
Assign a Personal Health Number (PHN)
Confirm Client Eligibility for BC Health Care Services
- Get Person Demographics
- Update Person Demographics
- Record Document
- Update Person Address
- Validate Address
Purpose of Service
The service is available 24 hours, each day, and provides:
- Name search capability for easier confirmation of patient/client identity and retrieval of PHNs;
- A faster and more effective way to determine a patient's eligibility for publicly funded health care services;
- A centralized method to verify and update patient demographics;
- The ability for hospitals to issue PHNs to newborns, at birth;
- Reduced staff time in reconciling rejected MSP claims;
- Determine third-party billing arrangements for clients associated with the Armed Forces; and,
- Increased potential in identifying third-party patient responsibility and revenues.
Prerequisites for Service
To qualify and register for these services:
- Your computer must be running a web browser with a cipher strength of 128-bit. Internet Explorer (version 6.0, or higher) is the recommended Ministry standard for web-based services.
- Read Eligibility, Demographic & PHN Assignment Overview (PDF, 0.9 MB).
- Register for services by sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon Ministry approval, you will receive a Ministry of Health Data Access Agreement (DAA), for your completion, signature and return, if applicable.
- Install a Ministry issued Digital Certificate, as described in the Access Administrator's Guide (PDF, 0.5 MB).
- Introduction to healthnetBC Web Business Services (PDF, 62 KB).
This provides a demonstration package with a sample set of business services.
- Access Administrator Support Guide (PDF, 0.9 MB)
Note: The Access Administrator is the person who will be the primary contact within your Organization for all questions and concerns about User access.
- Health Authority User Guide - Eligibility, Demographics & PHN Assignment (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Training Scenarios - Eligibility, Demographics & PHN Assignment (PDF, 0.12 MB)