Create a New Page
Prior to creating pages it is helpful to understand your site structure and the Content Navigation Pane. Some content editors may be creating all their pages under a single topic, for example, CMS Lite Manual. Others content editors may have access to numerous topics under one or more Themes and Sub-Themes.
- Navigate to the applicable location in the Content Navigation Pane and select the Parent node (topic or sub-topic) that you want the new page to be created under
- Check the box next to the page node , or click on the page node title to select it
- Click the drop-down Action menu and select New Page
The Choose a Template box will be displayed with Topic as the default
- When creating content for the B.C. government site, leave the Type set to Topic (exception OLR pages)
- Number of pages defaults to one (1). Choose from the drop-down list to create more than one page
- If more than one page is selected, a confirmation message will be displayed below the field
- Click [Confirm] to complete the action
A confirmation message indicating the number of pages created will be displayed
The New Page(s) will be displayed in the Content Pane and the will appear at the bottom appear in the navigation tree at a child level (one level down) of the chosen page
Click image to view in full screen
- The following fields will be auto-populated
- Title, Nav Title and Page Path fields will be displayed with "new-page-x" where x is a unique integer that will automatically increment by one. All three fields must be updated prior to publishing
- Prod URL, Prod GUID URL ad ID are assigned to the new page(s)
- Created Date, Created By, Modified Date, Modified By and Locked Date and Locked By fields are all populated with the applicable information.
- Under the Metadata Tab, Content Type, Language, Security Level and Classification terms are pre-populate. See the Content Pane tab for further information
Site structure allows for content to be created to a maximum of level eight. If you attempt to create content below level 8 an error message will be displayed.