Content Navigation Pane
When a page is created in the CMS Lite a unique ID (GUID) is assigned to the page settings. This allows for pages to be moved from one topic to another, within your security group, without breaking existing links. Simply drag and drop the node for from one location to another in the Navigation Tree.
As well as different icons in the Navigation Tree, you may also encounter different coloured Nav Title text. The colours represent different states the page may be in.
- Black text: content has been published to the Production web server at least once
- Light blue text: indicates net-new content that has never been published to the Production web server
- Red text: content encountered page validation issues on last save. The page could be net-new or a page that is currently on the Production web server that is in a state of modified
Action Drop-Down Menu
To apply any of the actions in the menu, at least one page node must be selected. Only one node may be selected to action any of the first three items listed (iIf more than one node is selected the action will be inactive).
- New Page: select one parent node to add a topic new page beneath it. The page will be titled 'New Page' and will be assigned a unique Page Path and ID (GUID) upon creation. See Setting Tab for more details. If more than one node is selected, the menu item will be greyed out
- Clone Page: select one page to clone. This feature will replicate all data in the page and appended the page title with '- clone'. If more than one node is selected, the menu item will be greyed out
- New External Link: select one location to add a new link to an external web page. If more than one node is selected, the menu item will be greyed out
- Delete: select one or more nodes to be deleted. Deleting removes the node from QA and Production (if applicable)
- Lock: select one or more nodes to be locked. Once a page is locked by you it cannot be edited by another user until it is unlocked
- Unlock Selected: select one or more nodes to be unlocked. You cannot edit a page that is locked by another user until it is unlocked
- Bulk Tag Metadata and Terms to Selected: select one or more nodes to apply terms to selected pages. Please review Bulk Tagging before choosing this action
- Bulk Tag Metadata and Terms to Selected and Their Children: select one or more nodes to apply terms to selected pages and all child nodes. Please review Bulk Tagging before choosing this action
- Publish Left Navigation: NOTE: FUNCTION TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE TO CONTENT EDITORS. When nodes are moved in the Navigation tree, they instantly appear in the new order on the QA web server. This action item will update the navigation order of any selected node (and its children) on the Production web server to match what is in QA. Actual page content and/or title changes are not published and will not appear on the Production web server until a Publish action is invoked. If a page in moved and subsequently published, it will appear in the new location in Production without having to invoke the Publish Left Navigation action
- Publish Selected: select one or more nodes to be published. A final save to the database of all selected pages will be performed before publishing to the Production web server
- Publish Selected With Children: select a Parent node and all child pages will be published. All pages will be validated prior to successfully publishing to the Production web server
- Unpublish Selected: select one or more nodes to be unpublished immediately. Unpublished page(s) remain on the QA server, but are removed from the Production web server, including the link from the left-hand navigation
When publishing page(s), from the tree, that do not meet validation a red error message will be displayed in the upper-right corner and you will be immediately notified via an email titled “ Publish Job Failed - Validation Errors” with a list of page(s) that need to be fixed. When publishing a single page via the [Publish] action button, the same message will be displayed but no email will be invoked.
The government Site structure allows for content to be created to a maximum of level eight. If you attempt to create content below level 8 an error message will be displayed.