Upload or Replace Asset Files
The following asset types can no longer be uploaded into the CMS Lite: html, htm, shtml, js, css, php, jsp, json. If an upload contains any of these file types, an error message will be displayed and none of the selected files will be uploaded.
Use the Upload File(s) action to add a new asset to the CMS Lite, or replace (overwrite) an existing asset.
- Navigate to the applicable location in the Asset Navigation where the assets are to reside
- Click on the Asset Folder title to select it
- Click the drop-down Action menu and select Upload File(s)
The Upload File box will be displayed
- Click the [Choose Files] button
The Choose file box will be displayed
- Navigate to the applicable file(s). Select a single file, or use hold the Shift or Ctrl key down to select multiple files
- Click [Open]
The Upload File box will be re-displayed indicating the number of selected files
- Click the [Confrim] button to complete the action
A progress bar will be displayed in the Upload File box
- Once the upload is complete, select the Folder tab in the Asset Folder Pane
The assets are listed in a NOT_PUBLISHED status
Click image to view in full screen
Important: When an asset is uploaded it is automatically saved to the QA server; however, assets must be published to the Production web server or they will not render properly on the page.
- If a page links to a PDF file that has been uploaded to the CMS Lite and the PDF file is not published to the Production web server, a Page Not Found error message will be displayed when the link is invoked.
- If an image has been inserted into a page and the image is not published to the Production web server, a red X will appear on the page where the image should be displayed.