Broadband for B.C.
Fast, reliable Internet service means:
- Better access to provincial programs and services
- Improved quality of life for remote First Nations communities
- Support for local economic development
- High-speed access for schools, libraries and health care facilities
- Safer highways and rural areas through improved cellular coverage
What We're Doing
The challenge: providing broadband internet access for everyone in B.C. We're getting close but there's still room to grow.
There are a number of rural or remote communities still requiring better broadband service. These areas are primarily on the outskirts of connected communities or in rural or remote areas where populations are small or dispersed, making access to Internet services expensive and challenging.
Network BC helps define which areas of the province have the greatest need for high-speed Internet and also helps build partnerships between service providers and other organizations or governments.
The Team at Network BC is up to the challenge of connecting everyone - they offer leadership and support in bridging the digital divide. Through various partnerships, they've been able to coordinate efforts with:
- Federal, provincial, local governments including First Nations
- Non-government organizations
- Telecommunication service providers
Join the Movement
There are a few steps involved in building a plan that will work for connecting your community.