Search BC Bid Resources
The following groups provide support for government purchasing:
Procurement Services Branch, Shared Services BC
- Helps clients of the B.C. government get the most out of their procurement process, including the best market rates, terms and conditions, timelines, and deliverables.
- Learn more about Procurement Services
Procurement Governance Office, Office of the Comptroller General
- The Procurement Governance Office (PGO), in the Financial Management Branch, is responsible for developing and maintaining the strategic governance framework for government procurement. The PGO plans, develops, implements corporate policies, standards and procedures for government procurement processes. For government and the broader public sector, the office communicates and interprets corporate policy and applicable trade agreements provisions; establishes and directs a framework to monitor and report on compliance with policy and trade agreement requirements; and, manages the government’s Vendor Complaint Review Process. The PGO provides strategic procurement advice, direction and analysis to government, the broader public sector, and the vendor community, on corporate procurement policy and trade issues related to procurement.
- Learn more about the Procurement Governance Office
Financial Management Branch, Office of the Comptroller General
- The Financial Management Branch (FMB), in the Office of the Comptroller General, provides leadership and oversight in developing and maintaining government’s financial policies and legislative framework, and provides advice, analysis, and direction to government and the broader public sector regarding these policies and legislation. Further, this branch supports government’s general management policies by acting as the steward of government’s Core Policy and Procedures Manual and working with various policy owners to help ensure that policies are clear, effective and consistent.
- Learn more about the Financial Management Branch
Legal Services Branch, Ministry of Justice
- Ensures that the administration of public affairs is carried out in accordance with the law. The branch's lawyers assist clients with drafting and negotiating contracts, as well as interpreting and enforcing contracts.
- Learn more about the Legal Services Branch
Risk Management Branch and Government Security Office, Ministry of Finance
- The central risk management and security agency within government responsible for risk management consulting services, enterprise risk management, security, and risk financing programs for BC ministries, Crown agencies and the broader public sector.
- Learn more about the Risk Management Branch and Government Security Office
Strategic Partnerships Office, Shared Services BC
- Delivers leadership in managing the Province’s multi-billion dollar portfolio of strategic vendor contracts.
- Learn more about the Strategic Partnerships Office
- Supports an effective and productive relationship between procurement governance, procurement service and clients for shared service procurement delivery.
- Visit the Procurement Council SharePoint
The Learning Centre, BC Public Service Agency
- Delivers the Procurement and Contract Management Program (PCMP), a competency-based and results-driven series of courses designed to meet the demands of today's challenging procurement and contract management environment.
- Learn more about the PCMP courses
Procurement Community of Practice
- A forum for all government staff engaged in procurement and/or contract management, to openly and respectfully share and exchange information, knowledge, expertise, advice and ideas relating to procurement and contracting processes.
- Learn more about the Procurement Community of Practice
Procurement Transformation Initiative
- The Strategic Business and Procurement Transformation team within Shared Services BC is responsible for implementing a variety of changes that impact procurement across government. This includes the replacement of BC Bid with modern sourcing technology, the introduction of a corporate web resource for buyers and suppliers, and implementation of a dedicated outreach program.
- Learn more about the Procurement Transformation Initiative