Children and Family Development Ministry Contacts
Emergency & After-Hours Contacts
Helpline for Children
When it concerns child abuse, anyone can call the Helpline for Children ... anytime, day or night. Simply dial "310-1234” (no area code needed).
For emergencies outside office hours (8:30-4:30 pm, Monday to Friday) call us 24-hours at:
- Vancouver, the North Shore & Richmond: 604 660-4927
- Lower Mainland from Burnaby & Delta in the west to Maple Ridge and Langley in the east: 604 660-8180
- Rest of the province: 1 800 663-9122
Other Useful Resources
- Poison Control Centre: 1 800 567-8911
- RCMP Missing Children's Registry: 1 877 318-3576
- BC Federation of Foster Parents: 1 800 663-9999
- Youth Against Violence: 1 800 680-4264
- Alcohol and Drug Information and Referral Service: 1 800 663-1441
- Representative for Children and Youth, BC: In Victoria, call 356-6710. From elsewhere in BC, call toll-free 1 800 476-3933.
- Ombudsman: In Victoria call 387-5855. From elsewhere in BC call toll-free 1 800 567-3247.
- Public Guardian and Trustee: In Vancouver call 604 660-4444. From elsewhere in BC call toll-free 1 800 663-7867.
General Ministry Inquiries
Telephone: If you are in Victoria and would like to contact us, please call Client Relations at 250 387-7027. If you are outside Greater Victoria, you can call
toll-free 1 877 387-7027.
Ministry of Children and Family Development
PO Box 9770 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria, BC V8W 9S5
Child Care Programs and Services Call Centre
PO Box 9953 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9Z9
Telephone: 1 888 338-6622
Fax: 1 877 544-0699
Office hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time,
Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays.
Media Inquiries & Communications
Government Communications and Public Engagement
Phone: 250 356-1639
Fax: 250 356-3007
Honourable Stephanie Cadieux
PO Box 9057 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria, BC V8W 9E2
Phone: 250 387-9699
Fax: 250 387-9722
Deputy Minister's Office
PO Box 9721 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9S2
Advocate for Service Quality
The Advocate for Service Quality is appointed by, and reports to, the Minister of Social Development, which means she works independently of government. If you'd like more information on how to contact this person, please visit the Advocate for Service Quality section.
Client Complaints: If you have a complaint about ministry programs or services, or one of our contracted service providers, please click here for details on making a formal complaint, or email Client Relations for general inquiries.
Youth Custody Centres: For complaints please email Youth Justice Services.
Vendor Complaints: If you are a supplier or contractor with complaints about the Bid or Tender process, please visit our Information for Service Providers section for the full process.
Community Living British Columbia
Services for Adults with Developmental Disabilities and their Families: CLBC has established a formal Complaints Resolution Process, which you can find on the CLBC Policies web page.
You can also contact the CLBC Call Centre at 604 664-0101 or toll-free at 1 877 660-2522 (CLBC) for assistance.
Victoria: 250 387-6121
Vancouver: 604 660-2421
Elsewhere in BC: 1 800 663-7867
MCFD Service Delivery Area Contacts