BC Driver's Licence and Services Card
If you’re 19 or older, already enrolled in the Medical Services Plan (MSP), and still have a CareCard, follow these steps to combine a BC Services Card with your driver’s licence* the next time you renew.
WAIT…Make sure your personal information is correct. Check the name on your CareCard exactly matches the name on your driver’s licence.
- Wait for your notification to renew your driver’s licence, or renew/complete enrolment in the Medical Services Plan (MSP).
- Check your driver’s licence and CareCard to be sure your name matches exactly on both. If not, call Health Insurance BC at 604 683-7151 or 1 800 663-7100.
- Visit an ICBC driver licensing office with two pieces of ID. Bring your CareCard if you have it.
- Confirm you are a B.C. resident and have your photo taken.
- Receive your new BC Services Card in the mail.
There is no fee to get a BC Services Card. However, if you're combining your BC Services Card with your driver's licence, fees that apply to the regular driver's licence issuance process still apply.
When you apply for a BC Services Card, you will be asked to confirm you are a B.C. resident. Make sure you understand what this means.