Deputy Minister's Community Service Award 2017
Road and bridge construction and maintenance contractors are an important part of communities across B.C. and play a much larger role than purely building and maintaining roads and bridges. Their contribution takes a variety of forms including volunteering labour and equipment for community projects and events and supporting local organizations.
The Deputy Minister’s Community Service Award recognizes the outstanding contribution the road building industry provides to communities across the province. The award will be presented at the Deputy Minister’s Award Ceremony in December 2017.
Companies in the road building industry (including the construction, maintenance and service and supply section) that have worked on at least one ministry project during the year are eligible for this award. Nominations can be submitted by anyone who would like to recognize the contribution of road building contractors to a community. Nominations can be submitted by anyone:
- Community members
- Members of the road building industry
- Self-nomination by contractors
Nomination packages must be submitted by September 30, 2017. Nominations must include:
- A completed application form
- A letter of nomination (two-page maximum) describing the contribution made by the contractor and the benefit to the community or special interest group
- Supporting information such as citations, media releases, media coverage, photographs, support and thank you letters
The nominations will be evaluated on qualitative assessments of two criteria:
- The benefits to the community and/or special interest group
- The contribution made by nominees