Major Capital Funding: Creation of New Licensed Child Care Spaces
THE FOURTH INTAKE IS OPEN!
The Province is seeking applications from eligible individuals and organizations interested in creating new licensed child care spaces in British Columbia communities.
Child Care Major Capital Funding is available to help offset the costs associated with the creation of new licensed child care spaces. The fourth intake has six funding streams, three of which are new, and a new two-stage application and submission process based on feedback from the child care community.
The two-stage process begins with an initial simplified online application. A more detailed submission will be requested from individuals and organizations invited to the second stage.
Who Can Apply
- Non-profit or public organizations, including non-profit societies, local governments, school boards, public institutions, band/tribal councils, and First Nations Governments.
- Private sector organizations, including sole proprietors, partnerships, and limited companies.
- On School Grounds – licensed child care spaces in a child care facility at public or private schools, or public or private post-secondary institutions that are located on school grounds, either in the main school building or in a portable.
- Co-Located or in a Hub – licensed child care spaces in a child care facility co-located with other child and family support programs in community-based settings.
- Child Development Centre (NEW) – licensed child care spaces in a child care facility located in a non-profit and other Child Development Centres that provide early intervention therapies, inclusive and/or targeted services for special needs children and operates as a Child Development Centre.
- Indigenous (NEW) – licensed child care spaces in a child care facility serving indigenous children on or off reserve.
- Employer-based (NEW) – licensed child care spaces in a child care facility located in the work place to support employees by providing on-site child care.
- Regular – licensed child care spaces in a child care facility that does not meet the definitions of any of the other funding streams above.
- Application Intake Open - Stage One – March 15 - May 15, 2017
- Application Deadline – 4:30 pm PST on May 15, 2017
- Application Internal Review – May 15 - June 15, 2017
- Application Results and Invitations to Stage Two – Late June 2017
- Submission Intake Open - Stage Two – Late June - September 27, 2017
- Submissions Internal Review – September - November 2017
- Successful Proponents Notified – November 2017
Public Information Sessions
Five public information sessions were delivered via teleconference in March 2017. A summary of these sessions, can be viewed here.
How to Apply
- Review the 2017/18 Major Capital Funding Intake Four Requirements
- Complete and submit the online 2017/18 Major Capital Funding Application
Applications must be received by 4:30 pm PST on Monday May 15, 2017. Applicants will not be able to submit applications through the online application system past the identified deadline. Please contact the program if you experience difficulties submitting the application form.
PDF Form Instructions
- The application form must be saved and viewed via Adobe Reader. Most computers default the PDF viewer in the web browser rather than Adobe Reader. Save the form to your own system and then open it in Adobe Reader before beginning to fill out the form. Right click on the link within the Browser and select “Save Target As…”. Ensure you have the most up to date version of Adobe Reader.
- Please note: if using Google Chrome or Safari, follow these instructions;
- Click the download icon and save to your desktop.
- Navigate to where file was downloaded and right click to open with “Adobe Reader” or “System Viewer”, this will open the form in Adobe.
If you have questions, please call the program at 1-888-338-6622, option 5.