Salmon Aquaculture Environmental Monitoring Data Report
- Results of Sampling Programs for Year 2004, March 2007 (PDF)
- Results of Sampling Programs for Year 2003, March 2007 (PDF)
- Results of Sampling Programs for Year 2002, March 2007 (PDF)
- Results of Sampling Programs for Year 2001, March 2007 (PDF)
- Results of Sampling Programs for Year 2000, March 2007 (PDF)
Please Note: the above reports are the title pages and abstracts only. Copies of the full reports may be obtained by contacting the Ministry of Environment's regional office in Nanaimo by phone at (250) 751-3100.
Scientific Advisory Group (SAG)
Prior to December 2010, the Ministry of Environment had authority for regulating marine aquaculture, and was reviewing the Aquaculture Waste Control Regulation. A Scientific Advisory Group was asked to advise the Ministry on development of a revised Aquaculture Waste Control Regulation:
- Review and submit comments on the methods of analysis applied to the monitoring data provided through the Interim Monitoring Program and the Focused Study — to measure the relationship between physical and chemical parameters and the biological response.
- Review and submit comments and recommendations to WLAP on the performance-based standards and monitoring protocols in the draft regulation.
- Provide comments on the data requirements for enforcement, and for review of the regulation in three years, to facilitate future possible amendments.
- Review stakeholder comments obtained by WLAP through consultation, and provide advice on the validity of these comments.
- Provide comments on the final draft regulation.
- General Overview: Deliberations of the Scientific Advisory Group (PDF/)
- Guiding Principles (PDF)
- Deliberations of the Scientific Advisory Group (PDF)
- Letter Report of the Independent Scientific Advisory Group Regarding the B.C. Aquaculture Waste Control Regulation (PDF)
- Re-analysis of Relationships between Sediment Chemistry and Infaunal Macrobenthic Community Responses, based on Brooks (2002) Data (PDF)
- WLAP Aquaculture Waste Control Regulation: SAG Teleconference Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- Chemical and Biological Remediation of Marine Sediments at a Fallow Salmon Farm, Centre Cove, Kyuquot Sound, B.C., August 2009 (PDF/1.3 MB)
- Protocols for Marine Environmental Monitoring, September 2002 (PDF)
- News Release: Salmon Farming Monitoring Report Released, August 2001
- Marine Salmon Farming Compliance Report, February 2002 (PDF/2.45 MB)
- Salmon Aquaculture Waste Management Review and Update, December 2000 (PDF/1.3 MB)
- The Environmental Effects of Salmon Netcage Culture in BC, April 1996 (PDF/3.3 MB)
- Land-based Finfish Waste Control Regulation, March 1994 (Queen's Printer)
- Salmon Aquaculture Review, Environmental Assessment Office