All boilers or heaters being used for agricultural purposes (e.g. greenhouses) must be registered. There is no registration or annual fee required.
- Review the registration guide (PDF, 4.5MB)
- Submit a registration form online (PDF)
- Print a registration form (PDF, 4.4MB)
Note: Older versions of Adobe Reader may not work with the registration form – download a recent version of Adobe Reader for free.
Determine Boiler Output Capacity
Find boiler capacity information on the boiler nameplate (i.e. the metal tag attached to the boiler) or request it from the boiler manufacturer. Report only boilers that are or will be in operating condition and required for use during the heating season.
Capacity values need to be reported in megawatts (MW) to facilitate registration. If boiler capacity is not in MW then use the formulas below to do the conversion. Simply insert the capacity measurement next to the corresponding units and multiply by the indicated factor.
• ________ GJ/hr X 0.2778 = ________MW
• ________ MMBTU/hr X 0.2931 = ________MW
• ________ Boiler BHP X 0.009803 = ________MW
The boiler plate indicates energy input of 400 BHP:
• 400 BHP X 0.009803 = 3.9212 MW
Emissions Testing Methodology
In accordance with the regulation, all testing is to be performed as indicated in the: