Environmental Mitigation Policy for B.C.
The Environmental Mitigation Policy governs the environmental portion of informed, integrated, transparent decision-making in B.C.’s natural resource sector.
Video 1: Get an overview
Video 2: See an example
Note: Actual application and review processes may differ depending on proposed activity and requirements under applicable regulations.
The policy and supporting procedures provide a consistent approach and guidance for:
- Provincial staff in the natural resource sector who provide advice and make recommendations to statutory or delegated decision-makers, development proponents, or other parties
- Decision-makers, for consideration in the process of making well-informed and durable natural resource management decisions
- Proponents developing mitigation plans to address the impacts of their proposed activities on environmental values
Review the policy and its associated procedures:
- Environmental Mitigation Policy - May 2014 (PDF)
- Procedures for Mitigating Impacts on Environmental Values - May 2014 (PDF)
- Mitigation Planning Spreadsheet - Feb 2015 (XLS)
Find out how the policy was developed: