Forest Tenures Issued to First Nations
First Nations held 12.7 million cubic meters/year (m3/yr) of Allowable Annual Cut (AAC) within competitive and direct award forest tenures as of April 2012 – which was 15.5 percent of the provincial AAC.
Of that total, 4.9 million m3/yr (or 6 percent of the provincial AAC) was within competitively held forest tenures and 7.8 million m3/yr (9.5 percent of the AAC) was within direct award forest tenures.
Direct Award Tenures
From early 2002 to June 30, 2016, 177 First Nations signed 305 direct award agreements offering a total of 123.9 million m3 when issued within forest tenures. As of June 2016, available volume to harvest under a forest tenure was 59.9 million m3, and 28.8 million m3 had been harvested. First Nations currently hold 7.7 million m3/year of allowable annual cut or 10 percent of the provincial AAC.
Quarterly Reports / Revenue Sharing (pdf)
- Forest Tenures Issued to First Nations, 1st Quarter Report June 30, 2016
- Forest Tenures Issued to First Nations, 4th Quarter Report March 31, 2016
- Forest Tenures Issued to First Nations, 3rd Quarter Report December 31, 2015
- Forest Tenures Issued to First Nations, 2nd Quarter Report September 30, 2015
- Forest Tenures Issued to First Nations, 4th Quarter Report March 31, 2015
As of 2016:
|Number of Agreements||223||579|
|First Nations with Agreements||145||177|
|Agreements with Active Tenures||96||217|
|Revenue Sharing Totals|
|Total Revenue (current Fiscal Year)||$442,758.00|
|Total Program Revenue (including current Fiscal Year)||$385,952,565.00