Air Quality Advisories & Readings
There are currently no advisories.
Advisories are updated during regular business hours. Outside business hours, visit Environment Canada's Public Weather Alerts for BC.
Air Quality Advisories
An air quality advisory is issued when pollutant concentrations approach or exceed predetermined limits, or when degraded-air-quality episodes are expected to continue or worsen.
Advisories are issued in order to:
- inform about degraded air quality;
- address smoke from wildfires, and associated heat and water quality issues;
- help people make informed choices about reducing their exposure to elevated concentrations of air pollutants;
- affect emission reduction actions (such as a limit on industrial emissions and/or wood stove use); and
- provide vulnerable individuals and the general public with health advice developed by BC health agencies.
Use this interactive map to get information about current, past, and forecast air quality readings.