WAO Worker Portal
What is the Worker Portal?
The Workers’ Advisers Office (WAO) worker portal is a web-based application that allows workers to receive correspondence from WAO. It is a fast and simple way to receive information in a secure electronic format. The worker portal is similar to having an email account with the added feature of accessing correspondence sent by the WAO to you at your convenience.
The Worker Portal also allows WAO workers to send messages to WAO through the secure web–based application. The steps to access the WAO portal are outlined below. Please contact the WAO if you have questions about access to the WAO Worker Portal at 1 800 663-4261.
What are the benefits of the Worker Portal?
- The worker portal is your private mailbox that only you can access with your password.
- The worker portal will allow you to review correspondence that you have received from WAO at any time. You can access the information in your portal 24/7. This information is available to you to print at your convenience.
- The worker portal also allows opportunities to communicate with the WAO.
How do I sign up for the WAO Worker Portal?
- To ensure your information is protected and secure, the first step is to register for a basic BCeID.
- Once you receive your basic BCeID User ID, you must contact the Workers Advisers Office to activate the portal.
- It will take approximately five minutes to set up a basic BCeID.
Steps to activate your WAO Worker Portal:
- Once you have a basic BCeID account, call the Workers’ Advisers Office at 1 800 663-4261.
- You will receive a six digit alpha-numeric unique security code. Please note this code is case sensitive.
- From this site, navigate to the WAO Website.
- To view the Worker Portal logon screen select one of the three options located on the left navigation: View Documents, Communication Centre, or Update Contact Info.
- Select Logon and enter your BCeID: If your portal access has not been activated by the WAO, you will receive an error message on your screen asking you to contact the WAO to obtain access to the Worker Portal.
What do I need to access my Worker Portal?
- To access the portal – you will need to enter the six digit alpha-numeric unique security code obtained from WAO. This code MUST be entered correctly before access to the portal can be enabled.
How often do I need to use my code?
- In the event your worker portal account gets deleted for any reason, you will need to enter a new 6 digit alpha-numeric unique security code. You will also need to reset your security code if you receive a message indicating your worker portal authorization is not set up. This security code can be obtained by contacting us directly at 1 800 663-4261.
Can anyone else access my portal?
- You are the only person that has access to your Worker Portal. Every time you wish to access your Worker Portal, you must use your BCeID personal access username and password.
What if I forget my password?
- If you happen to enter your password incorrectly three times your BCeID account will be locked for 15 minutes. If this occurs you can contact BCeID by telephone at 1 888 356-2741, or by e-mail BCeID@gov.bc.ca.
How do I view documents online?
- You can view letters and other documents from the WAO. In some cases, the WAO will give you an option to add comments regarding a shared document. In these cases, an “Add” comment feature will be available as shown below.
- The WAO will receive your comments and provide a response through the portal or by telephone.
How do I use the communication centre?
- The communication centre allows you to send messages to the WAO and view messages sent to you.
- To send a message to the WAO, select the “New Message” button as shown below.
- Once selected, a message box will appear. Your messages are limited to 2,000 characters.
- You can also attach up to ten documents to send to the WAO through the communication centre.
- The WAO can accept documents in the following formats: PDF, Doc, DOCX, Jpeg, png, wpd, jpg, tiff, mpg, mpeg, wav, mp3, mp4, mov, wmv, rtf.
- Select the “Add Attachments” button to attach documents to your message.
- Select the “Send” button to forward your message to the WAO.
- If you select the “Cancel” button, the screen will close and stop the activity without saving or sending and return you to the communication centre.
- New messages and replies sent from the WAO will be in bold type and are accessible by selecting the “View” button in the line displaying the message.
How do I update my contact information?
- To update your contact information select the Update Contact Info button.
- Make the changes and select “Save” at the bottom of the page.
This process will update your contact information with the WAO.