Self Help Kit
Employment Standards Self-Help: Solving Workplace Problems
The Self-Help Kit is designed as a first step to assist employees and employers to solve workplace disputes quickly and fairly without intervention from the Employment Standards Branch.
- Make sure the problem can be dealt with under the Employment Standards Act.
- Review the Self-Help Kit factsheet.
- Use the Guide to the Employment Standards Act to learn about workplace rights and responsibilities.
- The Self-Help Kit must be used unless one of the exceptions apply.
- Download Self-Help Kit pdf version (PDF, 338KB)
Employees: You have six months to file a complaint from the time the problem took place or your employment ended. If you are within 30 days of the end of the six-month period you should file your complaint with the Employment Standards Branch and THEN use the Self-Help Kit to try and resolve your problem.