Mountain Equipment Co-op Community Contributions
Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) community contributions program helps keep space for adventure by conserving ecologically and recreationally important places and by inspiring and enabling Canadians to be active outside.
Grant and Product Donation Categories include:
- Grassroots Product Donations
- Access & Activity Grants
- Advocacy & Awareness Grants
- Capacity Building Grants
- Land Acquisition Grants
- Expedition Support
MEC's Community Contributions program supports:
- Impactful and strategic grassroots, not-for-profit organizations (registered charitable status is not required)
- Outcome-oriented projects that focus on conserving ecologically or recreationally important places
- Outcome-oriented projects that focus on inspiring and enabling people to experience nature and be active outdoors in one or more of the following core activities that MEC supports: cycling, hiking, running, climbing, paddling, yoga, skiing and snowshoeing.
Last updated: October 3, 2016