Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) Career Focus Program
The Career Focus Program within Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) will help create 80 agricultural internships for graduates across Canada. Each internship will last between a minimum of four months to a maximum of twelve months.
The program provides $864,000 annually to projects that hire graduates in agriculture, agri-food science and veterinary medicine.
Each approved project will be eligible to receive up to a maximum of $20,000 in matching funds. Applications are processed through rounds and on a first come, first served basis pending availability of funds.
Eligible employers are organizations who can offer projects that will give employees:
- agriculture career-related work experiences in Canada
- skills acquisition through mentoring and coaching
These organizations may be from:
- not-for-profit organizations
- provincial and municipal governments
Eligible employees must be:
- between the ages of 15 and 30
- unemployed or under-employed
- have graduated in the last three calendar years from:
- an agriculture-related program in a university, college or CEGEP or
- a provincial program focusing on biological, agricultural and veterinary science or applied technology and
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
Last updated: October 3, 2016