As part of the BC Jobs Plan's commitment to keep B.C.'s economy diverse, strong and growing, four regions were selected in 2013 to participate as part of B.C.’s first Regional Economic Collaboratives project.
Regions were selected based on the following considerations:
- regional capacity to participate and willingness of communities to work together
- existing economic opportunity or challenge that requires multiple stakeholder collaboration
- potential for regional projects to be acted upon within an 18 month time frame
- previous regional or provincial preparatory work that could be built on
- location (distributed across the province); and
- potential to assist regional collaboration amongst First Nations communities
The selected regions included:
These regions identified priority projects and advanced regional economic initiatives over an 18 month period.
The result: each made the most of their unique competitive advantages!