Applying for a Security Worker Licence
Wednesday, April 5 from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm we are upgrading our systems and the online service will be down and unavailable during this time. Thank you for your understanding.
You can apply online for a new security worker licence or renew, update, or replace an existing licence. This is the fastest way to apply for your licence.
Apply by Mail
You can also apply for a licence by mail.
To apply by mail:
- Complete the first page of the Request for Fingerprinting (PDF) and provide it to your local police or independent fingerprinting agency. Please note, ink and roll fingerprints are no longer accepted effective July 2014.
- Download the Mental Health Condition Form (PDF) and provide it to your doctor if you have ever been treated for a mental health condition. Your doctor will complete it and send it to the Registrar.
- Complete the Application for New/Expired Security Worker Licence (PDF) or an Application for Renewal (PDF).
- Complete the Authorized Credit Card Usage Form (PDF) to use Visa or MasterCard to pay the licensing fees or provide a bank certified cheque or money order made out to the Minister of Finance. (Do not send cash. Personal or business cheques and debit-credit cards are not accepted.)
- Mail the licence application and the credit card authorization (if necessary) to the Security Program Division.
- If your application is denied, fees cannot be returned.
You should receive your licence within 30 business days of the Registrar receiving your application provided there are no problems with it.
Withdrawing your Application
Your criminal record check will begin as soon as the Registrar receives your application and payment. If after submitting your application you decide you no longer want a licence, you must contact the Registrar’s office to withdraw your application. Your application fee cannot be returned.
If your licence application is incomplete, the Registrar will send you a letter or email to notify you which information or documents are missing. You will have 30 days to complete your application before it expires. If you do not complete your application within 30 days and you still want to apply for a licence, you will have to start the process over again and pay new fees.