Changing a Licence
Some changes to your licence will require you to apply to us for approval before you make the change, while others require you to notify us within 10 days of the change being made. Below is a list of changes, which form to submit and whether approval or notification is required.
Application for a Permanent Change (LCLB005B) (PDF, 755 KB). Use this form to apply for the following changes to a liquor licence:
- Change of establishment or business name - 5 week processing time (approval)
- Food primary patron participation entertainment term and condition - 11 week processing time (approval)
- Request change in terms and conditions - 1-6 month processing time (approval)
- Live theatres requesting liquor service at films/broadcasts - 5 week processing time (approval)
- Change to hours of sale - 11 week processing time (approval)
- Catering endorsement (approval)
- Temporary off-site sale endorsement for liquor stores (approval)
Application for Permanent Change (LCLB005A) (PDF, 763 KB).
Use this form to apply for the following changes to a licensee:
- Change in ownership of voting shares that results in someone owning 10% or more who previously owned less than 10% - 7 week processing time (notification within 10 days)
- The corporation, holding company or a subsidiary has amalgamated - 7 week processing time (notification within 10 days)
- Change of directors, officers and senior managers - 5 week processing time (notification within 10 days)
- Name change licensee – corporation, partnership, society or other - 5 week processing time (notification within 10 days)
- Name change person or sole proprietor - 5 week processing time (notification within 10 days)
- Addition of receiver or executor - 5 week processing time (notification within 10 days)
Application to Allow Minors (LCLB045) (PDF, 704 KB)
Use this form to apply to permit minors in your recreational facility or to obtain a Family Foodservice term and condition - 3-5 week processing time.
Application for Permanent Change (Hawkers) (LCLB045B) (PDF, 678 KB)
To permit mobile liquor vendors (hawkers) in stadiums or to change an existing term and condition relating to hawkers in a stadium.
Application for a Temporary Use Area endorsement (LCLB051) (PDF, 753 KB)
Licensees who operate ski hills or golf courses may apply for an endorsement to extend their licensed activities to outdoor areas on their property up to 26 times a year.
Adding a new Director or Officer, appointing a Receiver or Executor, adding or changing a Third Party Operator, and a Share Transfer that results in someone owning 10% or more who previously did not. (LCLB005A) (PDF, 763 KB)
All of these changes require a criminal record check from the RCMP or local police and the submission of a Personal History Summary form (PDF, 232 KB) to the Branch. Nine week processing time.
Manufacturer On-Site Store and Picnic Area Endorsement Application (LCLB049B) (PDF, 719 KB)
Add an on-site retail store or a picnic area to your manufacturer site.
Tied house exemption application (LCLB128) (PDF, 700 KB)
Use this form to apply for, or change an existing, tied house exemption with a small volume manufacturer
Changing or adding a third-party operator
A third-party operator is an individual, partnership or corporate entity engaged by a licensee to manage their establishment. The third-party operator participates in a contractual agreement with the licensee and benefits financially from the arrangement. The licensee remains accountable for the overall operation of the licensed establishment. Liquor Primary Club licensees are not eligible to apply for a third-party operator.
Use the Application to Change or Add a Third-Party Operator (LCLB026) (PDF, 707 KB) - 9 week processing time (approval)
Adding, changing or removing a licensee representative
A complete notification form for adding, changing, or removing a licensee representative must be submitted if a licensee wants to designate a licensee representative to interact with the branch on the licensee’s behalf. The licensee remains accountable for all activities within the licensed establishment and will be legally bound by the licensee representative’s decisions and actions.
Use the Add, Change or Remove Licensee Representative Notification form (LCLB101) (PDF, 558 KB) - 5 week processing time (notification within 10 days)
Use the structural change form appropriate to your licence. Six month processing time (approval)
- Food primary (LCLB012B) (PDF, 817 KB)
- Liquor primary (LCLB012A) (PDF, 847 KB)
- Liquor primary (golf courses) (LCLB012E) (PDF, 692 KB)
- Winery, Brewery, or Distillery (LCLB013) (1.1 MB)
- Liquor retail store (LCLB012C) (PDF, 681 KB)
Examples of structural changes include:
- Physical changes to (or the movement of) entrances, exits, walls, service bar, cabinets, stage, dance floor or outdoor patio within the establishment that requires changing your floor plan.
- Any physical change to your establishment that results in changes your capacity or occupant load (i.e. add or remove outdoor patio).
- Adding or changing, the playing area, beverage cart, take-out window, or kiosk if you own a golf course.
- Catering and UBrew and UVin licences are not required to report structural changes.
Temporary Changes - Event
A complete application for a Temporary Change to a Liquor Licence (including the supporting documents) must be submitted a minimum of three(3)weeks in advance of your event(s); otherwise your application will not be accepted and will be returned to with the fees”. Temporary changes include:
- Extending your normal hours of sale, capacity, and/or licensed area (approval)
- Adding entertainment (for food primary licences only) (approval)
Use the Temporary Change to a Licence form (LCLB023) (PDF, 736 KB) for temporary changes to food primary, liquor primary, liquor primary club and manufacturer endorsements or if you want to use your manufacturer endorsement area to allow for a special event under a special event permit.
Use the Temporary Change to Liquor Service for a Special Event form (LCLB022) (PDF, 686 KB) if you want to use your food primary establishment to allow for a special event under a special event permit.
Use the Temporary Change to Liquor Service for a Special Event form (LCLB021) (PDF, 7574 KB) if you want to use your liquor primary establishment to allow for a special event under a special event permit.