Diverse Student Needs Topics
Sensitize yourself to the unique needs of students - learn teaching best practices and discover how to connect with them on an individual basis.
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students
Build remarkable and unique learning relationships with students who are hard of hearing or deaf.
- Gifted Education
Develop meaningful programs for exceptionally talented and gifted students.
- A Guide to Adaptations and Modifications (PDF)
Understand the difference between adaptations and modifications and customize your curriculum delivery and assessment methods.
- Individual Education Planning for Students with Special Needs (PDF, 1.16MB)
Create Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students who have special needs. Follow this unique process through planning, implementing and evaluating.
- Students with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) (PDF)
Get tips on how to understand and meet the unique needs of each student with ABI.
- Students with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD) Plan ways to support students who display the characteristics associated with AD/HD.
- Students with Autism (PDF)
Learn how to implement effective education programs for students with autism.
- Students with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS/E)
Find strategies for working with FAS/E students as well as others who share similar learning needs.
- Students with Learning Disabilities (PDF)
Learn to effectively support students with learning disabilities. Start here to find strategies that have proven to work well.
- Students with Visual Impairments
Strengthen your ability to work successfully with students who are blind or visually impaired.
- Teaching Students with Learning and Behavioural Differences
Help each student achieve success by offering tailored learning activities. Also available in French (PDF).