BC Achievement Scholarships
BC Achievement Scholarships recognize the top 8000 graduates in the province. The Ministry will determine recipients based on achievement in Grades 10, 11, and 12 courses that satisfy 2004 Graduation Program requirements, including elective courses. Grad Transitions will not be included.
A cumulative average percentage will be calculated and form the basis for determining winners, who receive a $1250 scholarship voucher to use towards their post-secondary tuition.
Students do not apply for this scholarship.
- Meet basic eligibility requirements
- Fulfil graduation requirements of the 2004 Graduation Program by August 31 of the student’s graduating year
- Have at least a "B" (73% or above) in their Language Arts 12 course
- Write and pass a Language Arts 12 provincial examination
- Have no more than one Transfer Standing (TS) or Standing Granted (SG) indicator among course marks used for the calculation of winners, excluding Language Arts 12, which must have a percentage score
Collection of Personal Information
For the purpose of processing BC Achievement Scholarships, students’ personal information will be collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Section 26(c). Students’ personal information is used for the purpose of verifying eligibility, selecting successful candidates, and processing the scholarship payment.
Questions regarding the collection of personal information can be emailed to the Ministry of Education contact listed below:
Nicole Couture, Director
Education Program Delivery
PO Box 9886 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9T6