Basic Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the Provincial Scholarships Program, you:
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (landed immigrant) at the time of registration in the school year for which the scholarship is awarded
- Must be a B.C. resident.
- In the school year for which the scholarship is awarded, you must be or have been:
- Enrolled in a British Columbia public school (including Distributed Learning schools), or
- Enrolled in a Group 1, 2, or 4 British Columbia Independent School, or
- Enrolled in a Continuing Education Centre, or
- Registered with a public, independent, or distributed learning school in B.C. as a homeschooled child
In addition, recipients must meet the selection criteria for each scholarship. Detailed information on eligibility criteria and application process for each scholarship is available in the 2016-2017 Handbook of Procedures for the Graduation Program (PDF).
Students may qualify for scholarships only for the school year in which they graduate.