Teacher Exchange and Mobility Award
Deadline for 2016/17 Intake: November 25, 2016
The Teacher Exchange and Mobility Award was created to encourage and support B.C. teachers to promote partnerships with schools and teachers in specified countries and to develop intercultural knowledge and understanding in support of the B.C. curriculum. In the second year of the Teacher Exchange and Mobility Award, and in support of recently signed memoranda of understanding with the Ministries of Education in the People’s Republic of China, France, Italy and Japan, there are six awards available for B.C. teachers for partnership development and learning exchange with schools in China, France, Italy and Japan. Eligible countries for this award may vary from year to year.
The award value for each of the six awards is $5,000.
- Be a B.C. certified Teacher
- Be travelling to China, France, Italy or Japan during the 2016/17 school year for the purpose of proposing a program with a relationship-building component (i.e., strengthening relationships with a foreign education partner for the purpose of facilitating or enhancing future student and cultural exchange) OR a clearly-articulated professional development aim for building intercultural skills, with a post-travel plan for knowledge dissemination.
- Have a position and continuing contract (or equivalent) at a B.C. public or independent school
- Have the support of school administration
NOTE: Travel may already have occurred at the time of application as funds can be applied to related expenses incurred by the teacher at any time between August 15, 2016 and July 31, 2017.
- Applicants must complete Part I of the application and ensure that all additional materials are included with the application as outlined in the checklist in Part I
- Part II (Statement of Support) should be completed by the school principal
- Applications must be submitted to the British Columbia Council for International Education (BCCIE) at email@example.com with a subject line reading “2016-17 Teacher Mobility Award Application” in a single electronic PDF (i.e., please scan all documents together into a single file) by November 25, 2016
- For independent school applications, the school’s principal or teacher applicant must submit the application directly to BCCIE.
- For public school applications, the school’s principal or teacher applicant must forward the application to the school district head of international. The school district head of international must then submit the application package directly to BCCIE.
NOTE: Late or incomplete submission packages will not be considered