Students with Special Needs
Every student deserves equitable access to learning, opportunities for achievement and the pursuit of excellence in their education. To make sure this is available to all B.C. students, services and resources are provided to students with various challenges, disabilities, talents or gifts.
- Physical Restraint and Seclusion Guidelines (PDF)
Review the guidelines created by the Ministry to help boards of education and independent school authorities in creating and maintaining safe learning environments for all children and adults.
- Children and Youth with Special Needs – A Framework for Action
Review this framework for coordinating services provided by provincial, regional and community agencies.
- Inter-Ministry Protocols for the Provision of Support Services to Schools (PDF)
See how the delivery of services to school-aged children with special needs is coordinated.
- Special Education Resource Documents
Browse a wide range of documents on special needs students and services.
- Special Education Services: A Manual of Policies, Procedures and Guidelines (PDF)
Read about the policy and guidelines school boards use to develop services for students with special needs.