School Enhancement Program
The School Enhancement Program was launched in 2014 to help school districts extend the life of their facilities through a wide range of improvement projects, including:
- Plumbing, boiler and other mechanical upgrades
- Heating and ventilation upgrades
- Roof repairs or replacement
- Windows, lighting and electrical system upgrades
- Safety enhancements including fire protection
For the latest round of funding, announced in September 2016, the scope of eligible projects was expanded to include flooring replacement.
To date, over $100 million has been invested through the program. In total, almost 400 school improvement projects across the province have been funded since the program launched.
Successful projects are chosen based on need, priority and how well they support student learning and safety. Approved projects must cost between $100,000 and $3 million. Projects are also expected to be mostly complete by March 31, 2017.