One of the principles of our education system is that all students have equitable access to learning opportunities and the pursuit of excellence. Special Education enables students with special needs to do this as they participate fully in educational programs.
Students with special needs can have:
- disabilities of an intellectual, physical, sensory, emotional, or behavioural nature;
- learning disabilities; or
- exceptional gifts and talents.
- Read about Special Education policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Review the Special Education Resource Documents
- Protocols for the Provision of Support Services to Schools (PDF, 294KB)
Inter-ministry protocols to support and guide the coordinated delivery of services to school-aged children.
- Youth with Special Needs – A Framework for Action
B.C.’s strategy to improve access, quality and coordination of services across government ministries for children and youth with special needs and their families.