Emergency Management Planning Guide for Schools, Districts and Authorities
Emergencies are unpredictable. We usually have little warning that an event or series of events may cause a massive disruption in our lives and our communities. As one of the major areas in which people gather, schools are places where emergency preparedness is critically important to the well-being of students and employees and to the confidence that parents feel in entrusting their children to the care of educators in BC schools.
The Emergency Management Planning Guide is intended to provide support to public, independent and First Nations schools in upholding their responsibilities during an emergency.
Forms for supporting mitigation and planning:
- Classroom safety audit form (DOC)
- School hazards assessment (DOC)
- Employee emergency preparedness skills survey (DOC)
- Student emergency release (elementary and middle school) (DOC)
- Student emergency release (special education-grades 8-12) (DOC)
- Student emergency identification (DOC)
- Partnering with law enforcement (DOC)
- Emergency equipment and resources (DOC)
Forms for use during an emergency response: