Ergonomics for Managers & Supervisors
Ergonomics is the science of adapting work processes, equipment and tools to best fit you and reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injuries (MSI).
When employees work comfortably and without risk of injury we are more productive, attend work more regularly and are less likely to be injured on the job.
Help reduce the likelihood of workers developing MSI by having an effective ergonomics program at your workplace:
- Identify the ergonomics risk factors associated with various work tasks
- Assess the risk once the factors are identified
- Train employees at risk of developing MSI
- Conduct ergonomic assessments for all employees
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the assessments
- Consult with the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee on all aspects of the program
Every workplace should have an in-house ergonomic assessor to help with workstation setups and evaluations.
Register for the (OSH) Office Ergonomics Risk Assessment course.
In some cases, specialized training may be required to complete assessments due to the nature of the work process, equipment, type of workplace or medical conditions. Contact AskMyHR if you require more information or assistance.