STO 18 Forest Technologist Applicant Inventory
Interested in a challenging and rewarding long-term forestry career?
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) was founded in 2003 with a mandate to market crown timber to establish market price and capture the value of the asset for the public. BCTS employs over 600 staff in 12 business areas and maintains an operational presence in 32 communities.
BCTS will no longer be posting individual Forest Technologist vacancies. To be considered for future vacancies, you must apply to the inventory.
Why Work For BC Timber Sales?
BCTS employees have an exceptional opportunity to develop new solutions to complex problems while learning and growing both personally and professionally. Working at BCTS presents employees with the chance to positively impact B.C.’s economy, forests, communities, and residents. To learn more, visit the BCTS website.
In addition to an exciting career, BCTS employees enjoy a focus on work/life balance ensuring staff can enjoy all that B.C. has to offer. Benefits include
- Three weeks of annual vacation to start
- Eligibility for the Pacific Leaders Loan Forgiveness Program for BC Student Loans
- Enrollment in the government pension plan
- A comprehensive medical/dental plan
Who Should Apply?
The inventory posting is open to anyone eligible to apply for BC Public Service positions. Candidates who meet the following criteria should apply:
- Individuals registered (or immediately eligible to register) as a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT) or Registered Professional Forester (RPF) with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP)
- Graduates of Forest Technology Diploma Programs (accredited by ABCFP) with experience towards becoming an RFT may be under-implemented at the STO 15 level and grow into the full STO 18 working level
- University graduates from a forestry or resource management program (accredited by ABCFP) with experience towards becoming an RPF may be under-implemented at the STO 15 level and grow into the full STO 18 working level.
- If you are already a STO 18 Forest Technologist in the BC Public Service, you must apply to the inventory to be considered for STO 18 Forest Technologist opportunities in other locations.
How to Apply
- Review the Job Seekers - Apply and the Applicant Process information on MyHR and set up or update your application profile before submitting your application.
- When you successfully submit your profile, you receive an email notification of receipt. You can also view your submission history in the recruitment system to see all jobs for which you have applied.
Screening & Assessment Process
- Applicants who meet the job requirements will take part in testing and interviews.
- All inventory candidates will be required to attend an orientation session before they will be considered for vacancies
- Vacancies will be posted to the inventory members on a scheduled basis. Prior to applying to the specific vacancy, you can update your profile to show how you meet any additional advertised job preferences
- Applicants to a vacancy will be identified to the hiring manager. Qualified applicants will participate in any additional assessments such as past work performance checks.
- Competition results will be posted on a notification board. Unsuccessful employee candidates can request feedback when the results are posted
Inventory applicants who are unsuccessful in being admitted to the inventory can reapply the next time the inventory intake is posted.
Any permanent and temporary vacancies greater than seven months will be recruited from the inventory. Hiring managers may also choose to post auxiliary positions and temporary positions less than seven months to this inventory.
To change your information in the recruitment system, select either BC Public Service Internal Applicants Restricted Access or External Applicants (outside government). Use the Career Centre tab to maintain your resume profile and to update your contact information. The Apply information on MyHR has additional tips on how to update your information.