Interviewing is the most commonly used method of assessing candidates.
Interviews are typically done face-to-face but may also be conducted by phone or online.
Key steps in planning, conducting and documenting a job interview:
- Interview Checklist (PDF, 199KB)
- Interview Template (DOCX, 56KB)
- Planning and Conducting Interviews: Information for Hiring Managers (DOCX, 179KB)
- Pocket-sized Interview Checklist (PDF, 235KB)
Sample interview questions:
- Choosing Behavioural Interview Questions (PDF, 155KB)
- Sample Aboriginal Relations Behavioural Competency Questions (PDF, 612KB)
- Sample Behavioural Interview Questions (PDF, 218KB)
- Sample Role and Organizational Alignment Questions (DOCX, 42KB)
Resources for evaluating behavioural competencies:
- Aboriginal Relations Behavioural Competencies
- Behavioural Competencies Dictionary
- Core Competencies in Strategic Leaders
- Hiring with Strategic Leadership Competencies (PDF, 402KB)
- Interpretive Guides for Behavioural Competencies
- Interpretive Guides for Aboriginal Relations Behavioural Competencies (HTML)
Contact AskMyHR or your hiring advisor if you need assistance formulating your interview questions.