Leave & Time Off for B.C. Government employees
Do you need to take time away from work? Are you planning a vacation? Learn about the different types of leave offered by the BC Public Service, and how to apply for and manage a leave.
When requesting a leave, give your supervisor as much notice as possible. See links below how to request leaves in Time and Leave. Note that you may want to cancel payroll deductions while you are away from work.
Types of Leave
- Deferred Salary Leave Program
- General leave
- Maternity, parental and pre-placement adoption
- Sick leave
- Early Intervention and Return to Work Program
- Short Term Illness and Injury Plan (STIIP)
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- WorkSafeBC claims
- Special and other leaves
- Vacations and holidays