Apply for Provincial Employees Community Services Fund Funding
The 2017-19 Funding Application period is now closed. The next application intake period will take place in Spring 2020.
General Funding Application Information
Funding applications are pre-screened for eligibility by the PECSF office. Applications eligible for funding are reviewed by each PECSF regional committee. Organizations may be contacted if additional information is needed and a site visit or interview may be requested in cases of larger grant requests or from organizations new to PECSF.
Applications will be considered based upon various factors such as evidence of community need, scope of potential impact, ability of organization to meet objectives and available funds. Here are the steps:
- Review PECSF funding guidelines and the notes in the PECSF application form as this will help you collect and prepare the necessary information in advance
- Complete the Funding Application Form. Include your three-year project budget (approved by your organization's Board of Directors), as well as your organization's most recent approved financial statements
- PECSF Fund Supported Pool applications for the 2020-22 funding cycle will be posted in Spring 2020.
- The application cover sheet should be approved by a member of your organization who has signing authority
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
- Please email your application to PECSF@gov.bc.ca
- Please contact the PECSF office at PECSF@gov.bc.ca with any questions
When filling out the application form
- Please answer clearly and concisely, using point form where appropriate
- All questions must be answered
- Please save a copy of your application for your records
- Using the PECSF template, limit application to 9 pages or less
Funding application timeline
2017 funding application templates posted to PECSF website: May 31, 2017
Application deadline: June 15, 2017
Third Progress Report (for 2014-2016 funded charities) due: May 31, 2017
Committee Review Period: June 2017
Approval/Regret letters: End of July 2017
PECSF receives more requests for funding than is available from the Fund Supported Pool. Learn about other options through the Victoria Foundation, and use the Grant Writing Handbook (PDF, 578KB) as a resource for funding.
You're approved! Now what?
PECSF will disburse semi-annual cheques in support of your charity's project/program/services for the duration of the current three-year funding cycle.
Charities are required to submit Annual Progress Reports and supporting financial documentation for each year of the three-year funding cycle along with a Final Close Out Report. Reporting on progress to date, including activities, successes and challenges, demonstrates accountability to our donors, community supporters and the Canada Revenue Agency.
Failure to provide the required information will jeopardize the continuation of funding for the remainder of the funding cycle.